Sunday, June 14, 2015

ESG: My Last Vacation

I'm trying electronic swaps on swap-bot! So angel1985, paraxparaxnoia annd AndyLea - enjoy!

Prompt:
Think back to your last vacation (vacation beeing at least 4 nights away in another town).
Share minimum 5 pictures and tell your partners p.ex.:
• where you have been
• the best thing that happend during your stay
• a thing you'd recommend
• one anecdote
• anything that made your last vacation special

In April, I went on a  road trip with my dad and sister. We drove from Omaha Nebraska to Niagara Falls (US Side), then to NYC, then back home.

The Brooklyn Bridge!

The best part of the trip would have to be our day at the Niagara Falls park. All of the tours were closed for the weather, but we were able to walk around, and we took a trolley around the falls. It was wonderful.

It was so windy!

I would try to go when everything is open. Don't get me wrong, we had a blast, but I would like to see the observation deck and go on the boat.

View from the middle

We only spent half a day in NYC, but it was wonderful. We saw Yankee Stadium then drove to Manhattan Island. I drove the entire length of the island to see the Statue of Liberty, not knowing we were driving past it the ENTIRE TIME. I felt so silly. It was wonderful place and I want to go back. 

Freedom Tower

Also, what they say is true: New York pizza is the best pizza.

my beautiful sister

What was most special about this trip was spending time with my sister and dad. We don't live in the same state and I don't get to see them very often, and they are my best friends.

on the trolley

2 comments:

  1. Man, that is a LOT of cheese on that pizza! =)

    It sounds like you had an amazing vacation with some very special people. I hope you get a chance to go back to NY and Niagara Falls and blog about it so I can live vicariously through you!

    Thanks for sharing! - Ang aka angel1985

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely still on the bucket list, although next year I'm hopefully going to cross of Brazil *fingers crossed*!!!

      Thanks for reading!

      -Charlie

      Delete